Potli Chicken Biryani2021-02-18
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 60m
- Ready In: 1:20 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Serving Size1 Bowl
Chicken Potli Biryani is a one pot dish and is usually served with raita and salad. It has a spicy meat filling and the dough is shaped like a pouch.
Ingredients (For Chicken Marination)
- 1/2 Kg Chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Shahi Jeera
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Biryani Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 5 Green Chillies
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Fried Onions
- 1 Cup Curd
Ingredients (For Making Dough)
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Warm Water to Mix Dough
Ingredients (For Cooking Rice)
- 3 Cups Basmati Rice (Soaked for 30 mins)
- 3 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6-7 Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Shahi Jeera
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 5-6 Cardamom
- Few Patthar Phool (Biryani Flower)
- Few Mace
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Coriander, Mint Leave and Fired Onions (On top of the Biryani)
Method (For Chicken Marination)
- In a bowl add 1/2 Kg chicken, 1 teaspoon Shahi Jeera, 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon biryani masala, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 5 green chilies, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, 1/2 cup mint leaves, 1 lemon, 1/2 cup fried onions, 1 cup curd and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken overnight.
Method (For Making Dough)
- In a bowl 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour, 1 Tablespoon Sugar, 3/4 Teaspoon Salt, 2 1/2 Teaspoons Yeast, 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Warm Water to Mix Dough
- Add little olive oil and spread it to the bowl. Put the dough in the bowl and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Method (For Cooking Rice)
- Soak 4 cups of rice for 30 minutes.
- Boil water and add 3 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon ghee, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 6-7 cloves, 8 elachi, 2 Bay Leaves, 4-5 cardamom, Javitri Phool in water and mix well.
- Add soaked rice in boiling water and mix well, cook until 80 percent is done.
Method (For Cooking Chicken)
- Add the marinated chicken in the pot and cook until the chicken gravy is thick.
Method (For Making Potli)
- Add ghee to the glass bowl, spread it, and keep it aside.
- Mix the dough and make a big chapati. Slowly fold the chapati and put that chapati in a greased glass bowl.
- Add some rice to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add a layer of cooked chicken on top of the rice.
- Add one of the layers of the rice on top of the chicken.
- Add 3 teaspoons of saffron milk to the rice. Add 1/2 lemon juice, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, fried onions, and some ghee on top of the rice.
- Slowly take the edges of the dough and carefully make a potli with the dough.
- Spread the ghee with the brush to the potli.
- In a big pot put a plate and keep the potli bowl on top of the plate.
- Close the lid and cook on a medium flame until the dough is fully cooked.